Tillamook Bay Station Site
Also known as Tillamook Bay
The Tillamook Bay Station Site site was established in 1943 (at this site, 1908 at original site)
Station still active. 1942 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1905 site selected for new station and title obtained; 1906 title secured; 1907 contract for new station made June 1907 and station under construction; 1908 completed and put into commission (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1907; station Tillamook Bay was located two miles southeast of Barview, Oregon and was originally called Barview Life Saving Station. A river patrol on Nehalem River operated out of Tillamook Bay Station but was discontinued in 1980, but listed as operational in the summer of 1983. A new Tillamook Bay station is still in operation (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1942 station house is surviving at this site