Tillamook Bay Station Site
Also known as Tillamook Bay
The Tillamook Bay Station Site site was established in 1908
Station closed in 1943 at this site and moved to a new location. 1907-1908 station house survives and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1905 site selected for new station and title obtained; 1906 title secured; 1907 contract for new station made June 1907 and station under construction; 1908 completed and put into commission (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1907; station Tillamook Bay was located two miles southeast of Barview, Oregon and was originally called Barview Life Saving Station. A river patrol on Nehalem River operated out of Tillamook Bay Station but was discontinued in 1980, but listed as operational in the summer of 1983. A new Tillamook Bay station is still in operation (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1907-1908 station house is surviving at this site