Toms River Station Site
Dover Township, NJ
Also known as Toms River
The Toms River Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed on March 3, 1964 and was sold to the Borough of Seaside Park in 1966. 1899 station house survives at this site and is the Seaside Park Borough Hall.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1899 rebuilt old station which was unsuitable for further use (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1964 (USCG Historian's Website). Closed in July 1964 and sold to the Borough of Seaside Park in 1966. After the completion of a major restoration project the borough offices were moved there in October 1996. The garage behind the building is used for storing lifeguard equipment, continuing the goals of the original Life Saving Service (Seaside Park, NJ Website).