Wallops Beach Station Site
Wallops Island, VA
Also known as Wallop's Beach (1884-1890); Wallops Beach (1891-1947)
The Wallops Beach Station Site site was established in 1884
Station closed in 1947 and acquired by the Navy Department as a firing range. Now part of Goddard Space Flight Center. 1933 station survives but is unused.
Station Site Notes:
1883 approaching completion; 1884 completed (USLSS Annual Reports). Discontinued in 1947. Station was acquired by the Navy Department as a firing range (USCG Historian's Website).