Watch Hill Station Site
Also known as Watch Hill
The Watch Hill Station Site site was established in 1850? (1879?)
Station closed in 1947 and replaced by Station New London. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
Note: Although a USLSS boathouse was built at Watch Hill in 1850?, it was closed before 1871 and the station was not listed in the USLSS Annual Reports as active until the construction of a new station house in 1879.1878 work to start spring 1879; 1879 occupied by crew; 1890 minor repairs and improvements; 1914 more or less damage to station by storm; 1915 masonry seawalls constructed (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 11/9/1878; disappeared from list of stations in 1947 (USCG Historian's Website).