Wood End Station Site
Also known as Wood End
The Wood End Station Site site was established in 1896
Station closed in 1953 (1947?) and turned over to GSA in 1957. Property transferred to the National Park Service as part of Cape Cod National Seashore. Station house intentionally burned down in 1961.
Station Site Notes:
1896 erected and now receiving equipment; 1897 put into commission; 1910 less extensive repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper assigned 9/23/1896; disappears from 1948 listing of stations; Turned over to GSA in 1957 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.