Yaquina Bay Station Site

Newport, OR

Also known as Yaquina Bay

The Yaquina Bay Station Site site was established in 1932 (at this site, 1896 at original site)


This site was closed (in) 1944 (at this site, still active at current [5th] site)


This site was moved in NA. Moved to new [4th] site in 1949 but retained name. Active from 1899 to 1906 at original site, and from 1906 to 1932 at second site. (See Station ID # 411.1, 411.2, and 411.4)


This is an active site from 1932-1949


Designation number: 314 (323)

Station closed in 1949 at this site and moved to a new location. 1932 station house was destroyed by fire on January 2, 1944. 1935 keeper’s dwelling survives and is privately owned. Fate of temporary barracks that were moved to the site after the 1932 station house was destroyed by fire is unknown.

Station Site Notes:

1895 approaching completion; 1896 finished and manned for duty; 1912 new boathouse and boat hoist completed (USLSS Annual Reports). A new site was acquired in 1906 and the old station was turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).

Buildings at this Station Site

There are no surviving station houses at this site.

View Buildings at this Station Site