Yaquina Bay Station Site (Yaquina Bay Lighthouse)
Also known as Yaquina Bay (Yaquina Bay Lighthouse)
The Yaquina Bay Station Site (Yaquina Bay Lighthouse) site was established in 1906 (at this site, 1889 at original site)
Station closed in 1933 at this site and moved to a new location. Property transferred to the State of Oregon in 1934. Lighthouse survives and has been the Historic Yaquina Bay Lighthouse, a museum, since 1964.
Station Site Notes:
1895 approaching completion; 1896 finished and manned for duty; 1912 new boathouse and boat hoist completed (USLSS Annual Reports). A new site was acquired in 1906 and the old station was turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1871 Yaquina Bay Lighthouse is surviving at this site