Yaquina Bay Station Site
Also known as Yaquina Bay
The Yaquina Bay Station Site site was established in 1896
Station closed in 1906 at this site and moved to a temporary new location at the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse. The station buildings were sold after the move but were destroyed between 1939 and 1951.
Station Site Notes:
1895 approaching completion; 1896 finished and manned for duty; 1912 new boathouse and boat hoist completed (USLSS Annual Reports). A new site was acquired in 1906 and the old station was turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.