Top Menu

Assateague Beach Station Site

Assateague Island?, VA
Established: 1875
Active: No

Station closed in 1922 at this site and moved to another location. Station site turned over to GSA in 1965 and transferred to the Fish and Wildlife Service in 1966 as part of Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Station house does not survive. Station house was dismantled in 1950 and some of the lumber was used to build cottages on Piney Island in Chincoteague.


1 records found.