Green Hill Station Site
South Kingston, RI
Also known as Green Hill
The Green Hill Station Site site was established in 1912
Station closed in 1933 and turned over to GSA in 1954. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1907 site selected for new station; 1908 title secured; 1909 plans and specifications nearly completed; 1910 2nd advertisement for construction proposals issued; 1911 approaching completion; 1912 station put into commission (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 4/29/1912; discontinued after 1934(?) , disappeared from the records in 1939; Turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.