Mosquito Lagoon (House of Refuge) Station Site
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Also known as Mosquito Lagoon
The Mosquito Lagoon (House of Refuge) Station Site site was established in 1886
Station closed in 1938 and replaced by Station Ponce de Leon Inlet. Property sold in 1945. 1885 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1884 contract entered into; 1886 put into operation (USLSS Annual Reports). Property sold under bid in 1945; Ponce de Leon Inlet is a descendent of this station (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.