Narragansett Pier Station Site
South Kingston, RI
Also known as Narragansett Pier (1872-1923); Narragansett (1925-1938)
The Narragansett Pier Station Site site was established in 1872
Station closed in 1937. 1888 station house survives at this site and is the Coast Guard House Restaurant.
Station Site Notes:
1872 completed and furnished; 1887 rebuilding; 1888 rebuilding completed; 1912 improvements to build new boathouse and launchway begun; 1917 contract awarded for improving launching facilities (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 5/10/1872; discontinued in 1939(?)  (USCG Historian's Website).