Port Orford Station Site
Port Orford, OR
Also known as Port Orford
The Port Orford Station Site site was established in 1934
Station closed in 1970. 1934 station house survives and has been restored as the Port Orford Lifeboat Station, a museum.
Station Site Notes:
1933 contract awarded for the construction of station; 1934 placed in commission 7/1/1934 (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1934; decommissioned in 1970 and used for the next six years by Oregon State University. In 1976 the site is taken over by the Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department. The Point Orford Heritage Society, in conjunction with the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, restored the station and in 2000 it opened as a museum (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1934 station house is surviving at this site