Sandy Hook Station Site
Middletown Township, NJ
Also known as Sandy Hook
The Sandy Hook Station Site site was established in 1891 (at this site, 1855 at original site)
Station closed in 1916 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1891 rebuilt; 1905 improvements made; 1906 improvements completed; 1915 contract made for moving buildings to a new site; 1916 buildings moved to a new site; 1918 contract awarded for new launchway (USLSS Annual Reports). The Work Relief and Public Works Appropriation Act of 1938 provided funds for new station boats and equipment as well as for a boathouse, launchway, and bulkheading (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.