Bayhead Station Site
Bay Head, NJ
Also known as Point Pleasant (Pre 1872-1882); Bayhead (1883-1938)
The Bayhead Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed in 1936 and abandoned in 1946. 1871 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired(?); 1884 rebuilding; 1885 completed; 1917 station discontinued to become auxiliary to one or the other active adjacent stations (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was discontinued in 1917 and in 1918 it was listed as auxiliary station to the Mantoloking station. In 1922 it was listed as "discontinued as active unit" but was back in service in 1925. In 1937 the station appeared on the list of inactive stations. The site was abandoned in 1946 (USCG Historian's Website).