Erie Station Site
Also known as Presque Isle (1874-1882); Erie (1883-present)
The Erie Station Site site was established in 1878 (at this site, 1876 at original site)
Station still active at this site. 1876 station house was torn down, possibly in the 1940s or 1950s. 1930s station house/boathouse was torn down in 1986. 1987 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1874 site secured, plans and specs being prepared; 1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 completed and put into operation; 1887 repairs made to boathouse; 1910 extensive repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was moved in 1878 to a more advantageous location (USCG Historian's Website).