Fire Island Station Site
Also known as Fire Island
The Fire Island Station Site site was established in 1921 (at this site, 1849 at original site)
Station closed in 1936 at this site and moved to a new location. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1886 contracts entered for repairs and enlargements; 1920 contract awarded for moving station buildings to new site; 1921 station buildings moved to new site on bay side of inlet on account of encroachment of the sea (USLSS Annual Reports). 1932(?)  new station built (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.