Klipsan Beach Station Site
Also known as Ilwaco Beach (1892-1911); Klipsan Beach (1912-1936)
The Klipsan Beach Station Site site was established in 1891
Station closed in 1922 and was abandoned in 1947. 1891 station house and boathouse survive and are privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1891 being built; 1892 established and put into operation (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1891; station's name changed to Klipsan Beach. By 1929 the Register noted that the station was "Discontinued as an active unit" (USCG Historian's Website). On January 8, 1947, the last caretaker was removed and the station was abandoned. The land reverted to the descendants of the Loomis Family, from whom it had been obtained (Pacific County Historical Society).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1891 station house is surviving at this site