Loveladies Island Station Site

Long Beach Township, NJ

Also known as Loveladies Island

The Loveladies Island Station Site site was established in 1871


This is not an active site. It was active 1872-1918 and 1925-1933 (Listed as an auxiliary station to Barnegat LSS 1918-1921, and as inactive 1922-1924 and 1934-1937)


This site was closed (in) 1933


This is the original site location


Designation number: 114

Station closed in 1933. 1872 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.

Station Site Notes:

1872 will be completed by December 1st; 1878 repaired; 1917 station discontinued, to become auxiliary to one or the other active adjacent stations (USLSS Annual Reports). Discontinued in 1922 (USCG Historian's Website).

Buildings at this Station Site

The 1872 station house is surviving at this site

View Buildings at this Station Site