New London Station Site
New London, CT
Also known as New London (1938?-1968); Fort Trumbull (1969-1999?); New London (1999?-present)
The New London Station Site site was established in 1938?
Station still active. 1938? station house survives at this site. Station originally was a base for cutters, and may not have had lifeboats until 1964 when it was first appeared on the USCG list of lifeboat stations.
Station Site Notes:
Station was originally established as Base No. 4 ca. 1925 for Coast Guard cutters, and not as a lifeboat station (Tim Dring).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1938? station house is surviving at this site