Santa Rosa Station Site
Pensacola Beach, FL
Also known as Santa Rosa
The Santa Rosa Station Site site was established in 1885
Station closed in 1906 at this site and moved to a new location after the 1885 station house was destroyed by a hurricane on September 27,1906.
Station Site Notes:
1884 proposals invited; 1885 completed and receiving equipment; 1886 put into operation; 1907 station destroyed by hurricane of September 27, 1906. New station being constructed at a new site; 1908 rebuilding of old station completed and manned; 1917 contract awarded for new wharf and boathouse (USLSS Annual Reports). In 1906 the station was swept away and was then rebuilt (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.