Ship Bottom Station Site
Long Beach Township, NJ
Also known as Ship Bottom
The Ship Bottom Station Site site was established in 1855
Station closed in 1949 or 1950. 1871 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1878 repaired; 1898 new station being erected in place of old and inadequate one; 1899 rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1936 (USCG Historian's Website).