Short Beach Station Site
Also known as Short Beach (1878-1989?); Jones Beach (1990-present)
The Short Beach Station Site site was established in 1878
Station closed in 1990? at this site and moved to a new location. Station renamed Jones Beach in 1987 at new location.
Station Site Notes:
1878 in the process of construction; 1879 completed; 1890 moved because of encroachment of the sea; 1893 repairs and improvements, and moved because of encroachment of the sea (USLSS Annual Reports). In May of 1987, the CG Facilities Design and Construction Command Norfolk, VA began construction of the present facility. The old boathouse with associated marine railway was demolished that year, and the old station was demolished in March of 1990 (Station Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.