South Haven Station Site
South Haven, MI
Also known as South Haven
The South Haven Station Site site was established in 1905 (at this site, 1886 at original site)
Station closed in 1973 at this site. 1886 station house was moved by barge to the new site in 1905 where it was put in service. Station house was destroyed by fire in 1989.
Station Site Notes:
1883 site selected; 1884 title secured, plans in preparation; 1886 being constructed; 1887 completed and put into service (USLSS Annual Reports). A Life Saving Station was built in 1887. Station moved to the south side of the harbor entrance in 1905. The dwelling was occupied until March 1972. In 1973 the station was deactivated and converted into an Auxiliary augmented outfit with no regular personnel assigned (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.