Straitsmouth Station Site
Also known as Gap Cove (1900-1902); Straitsmouth (1903-1963)
The Straitsmouth Station Site site was established in 1900
Station closed on March 3, 1964 and turned over to GSA. 1900 station house survives at this site and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1900 old station at Davis Neck, which was not suitable for further use, on account of dilapidation and inadequacy to the present needs of the Service, replaced by a new structure [Straitsmouth LSS] (USLSS Annual Reports). Crew moved to new station from Davis Neck LSS; station listed as active until July 1964(?) ; Turned over to GSA in 1964 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1900 station house is surviving at this site