Top Menu

Amagansett Station House (1849)

Amaganset, 
NY
Built: 1849
Building Still Survives: No
Open to the Public: Does Not Survive

Station closed in 1936 and site transferred to the Navy for use as a radio direction finder station. Site now owned by the Town of East Hampton. Station house does not survive at original location and probably has been destroyed.

Location

Amaganset, NY


Building Private Phone: NA

Visiting Information

Open to the Public: Does Not Survive

Access: NA

Building Information

Station Building ID:

86.1

Building Type:

Station House

Year Built:

1849

Built Before 1965:

Yes

Design Type:

1849

Designer:

USLSS

Building Still Survives:

No

Condition:

NA

Integrity:

NA

Endangered:

Does Not Survive

Nature of Threat:

NA

On Original Site:

NA

Current Use:

Does Not Survive

Owner/Manager/Lessee & Contact Information

Owner

Town of East Hampton, NY (Owner of Station Site)

159 Pantigo Road

East Hampton, NY 11937

(631) 324-4140

info@town.east-hampton.ny.us

http://www.town.east-hampton.ny.us/

Owner Code: Local Govt