Assateague Beach Station Site
Assateague Island?, VA
Also known as Assateague Beach
The Assateague Beach Station Site site was established in 1922 (at this site, 1875 at original site)
Station closed in 1967 at this site and replaced by Station Chincoteague. Turned over to GSA in 1956 and transferred to the Fish and Wildlife Service. 1922 station house survives and is part of Assateague Island National Seashore.
Station Site Notes:
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1922 station house is surviving at this site