Bois Blanc Station Site
Bois Blanc Township, MI
Also known as Bois Blanc
The Bois Blanc Station Site site was established in 1890
Station closed in 1946. 1890 station house survives and is a privately owned. 1890 boathouse survives and is the Coast Guard Chapel.
Station Site Notes:
1890 under contract or construction; 1891 completed and put into operation; 1918 contract awarded for extensive repairs and launching facilities; 1919 dwelling extensively repaired (USLSS Annual Reports). Land had been acquired in 1883. Additional ground was conveyed to the station in 1887 and 1888. The buildings of the station were erected in 1890 and rebuilt in 1920. All the land, except for 0.53 acres, was returned to the public domain on June 25, 1956 (USCG Historian's Website).