Cleveland Station Site
Also known as Cleveland
The Cleveland Station Site site was established in 1875
Station closed in 1976 at this site and moved to a new location. 1875 and 1900 station houses do not survive. 1940 station house survives and is abandoned but plans are being made to restore it.
Station Site Notes:
1874 site secured, plans and specs being prepared; 1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 completed and put into operation; 1879 annex for boat wagons added; 1900 old dilapidated and inadequate station replaced (USLSS Annual Reports). Station was moved to West Pier in Cleveland Harbor in 1897. 1875 station replaced by newer station which was completed in 1940 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1940 station house is surviving at this site