Crumple Island Station Site
Also known as Crumple Island
The Crumple Island Station Site site was established in 1880
Station closed in 1904 and replaced by Great Wass Island Station. Station house torn down and a new building constructed on the foundation.
Station Site Notes:
1880 station name first appeared on USLSS Annual Report station lists (no mention of station in 1880 Annual Report text); 1890 minor repairs and improvements; 1892 extensive repairs and improvements; 1901 more advantageous site selected; 1903 contract entered into for rebuilding the old station at Crumple Island to be located on Great Wass Island (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1951 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.