Fairport Station Site
Also known as Fairport
The Fairport Station Site site was established in 1878 (at this site, 1875 at original site)
Station still active at this site. 1875 station house does not survive but 1921 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1874 site secured, plans and specs being prepared; 1875 contract entered into, building rapidly progressing; 1876 completed and put into operation; 1879 annex for boat wagons added; 1887 repairs made to boathouse; 1889 repairs and improvements (USLSS Annual Reports).