Fourth Cliff Station Site
Also known as Scituate (1879-1882); Fourth Cliff (1883-1919)
The Fourth Cliff Station Site site was established in 1879
Station closed in 1919 after the station house was destroyed by fire, then used as auxiliary station to Brant Rock. Abandoned in 1952. No station buildings survive at this site.
Station Site Notes:
1878 work to start spring 1879; 1879 occupied by crew; 1893 repairs and improvements, and moved because of encroachment of the sea; station destroyed by fire in 1919, site was then used as auxiliary to Brant Rock (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 9/3/1879 (USCG Historian's Website). Abandoned in 1952 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.