Hammond Station Site
Rogers City, MI
Also known as Forty-Mile Point (1874-1882); Hammond's Bay (1883-1902); Hammond (1903-1947)
The Hammond Station Site site was established in 1876
Station closed in 1947. Station was occupied by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service under a 1951 permit from the Coast Guard. Transferred to the Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, Department of the Interior in 1971 and is the Hammond Bay Biological Station.
Station Site Notes:
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1897 station house is surviving at this site