Hampton Beach Station Site
Also known as Great Boars Head (1898-1902); Hampton Beach (1903-1969)
The Hampton Beach Station Site site was established in 1898
Station closed in 1965 (1969?) and turned over to GSA. Station buildings burned by the Hampton Beach Fire Dept. in a training exercise in 1973.
Station Site Notes:
1898 contracts for construction of new station; 1899 completed and manned (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 12/31/1898. Station dwelling, equipment building, boathouse, and launchway rebuilt in 1938 with funds provided by the Work Relief and Appropriation Act. Turned over to GSA in 1969 (USCG Historian's Website). Station dwelling may not have been rebuilt in 1938 as stated above. Buildings burned by the Hampton Beach Fire Dept. in a training exercise on May 8, 1973.
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.