Isle of Shoals Station Site
Also known as Isle of Shoals
The Isle of Shoals Station Site site was established in 1910
Station closed in 1950 and turned over to GSA in 1954. 1910 station house survives and is owned by Cornell University?s Shoals Marine Lab.
Station Site Notes:
1907 site selected for new station; 1908 title not yet perfected; 1909 contract entered into and work about to begin; 1910 finished and put into commission; 1911 completed; 1920 contract awarded for launchway; 1921 well driven for satisfactory water supply; 1922 launchway work completed(?) (at 22 stations) (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 5/7/1911; station disappears from the records in April 1951; property turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website). Renovated in 1968-71 and again in 1992 by Shoals Marine Lab (Shoals Marine Lab Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1910 station house is surviving at this site