Jones Beach Station Site
Also known as Jones' Beach east end (1872-1882); Jones' Beach (1883-1890); Jones Beach (1891-1949)
The Jones Beach Station Site site was established in 1933? (at this site, 1855 at original site)
Station closed in 1949 at this site. 1933? station house torn down in the 1950s or 1960s.
Station Site Notes:
1872 completed and with apparatus; 1878 repaired; 1886 contracts entered for repairs and enlargements; 1888 extensive repairs and enlargements made (USLSS Annual Reports). In 1931, it was proposed to move and rebuild this station. The station was badly damaged in the hurricane which swept the Atlantic coast in September of 1938. The station remained on the active list through World War II and disappeared from the listing of stations in April 1949 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.