Long Branch Station Site
Ocean Township, NJ
Also known as Long Branch
The Long Branch Station Site site was established in 1904 (at this site, 1855 at original site)
Station closed in 1937 at this site. 1876 and 1904 station houses and 1904 boathouse survive at this site and are privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1876 discontinued due inability to retain tile to land; 1878 to open July 1878 to take the place of discontinued station; 1879 completed; 1882 moved to new site due to the march of town improvements; 1903 new site secured and construction of new station in progress to take the place of the old dilapidated station; 1904 new station completed (USLSS Annual Reports). The station was transferred to the inactive rolls "in care of Monmouth Station" in the 1938 listings. The property was turned over to GSA in 1954 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1876 station house; 1904 station house is surviving at this site