Muskeget Station Site

Nantucket, MA

Also known as Muskeget

The Muskeget Station Site site was established in 1894 (at this site, 1883 at original site)


This is not an active site. It was active 1894-1897


This site was closed (in) 1887 (at this site, 1922 at original site)


This site was moved in 1897. Active from 1882 to 1894 at original site; returned to original site in 1897. (See Station ID # 62.1)


Designation number: NA

Temporary station reverted back to private ownership after replacement LSS was built in 1891 on Muskeget Island. Dwelling survives on Tuckernuck Island and is privately owned.

Station Site Notes:

1882 proposals solicited but bids rejected; 1883 completed (USLSS Annual Reports); 1894 station destroyed by fire; 1897 old station that was destroyed by fire some years ago rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). First keeper appointed 1/2/1883 (USCG Historian's Website).

Buildings at this Station Site

The Temporary station house on Tuckernuck Island is surviving at this site

View Buildings at this Station Site