New Inlet Station Site
Also known as New Inlet
The New Inlet Station Site site was established in 1882
Station closed in 1909 at this site and moved to a new location. 1882 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1882 being erected; 1883 completed; 1888 moved to new site; 1916 station had to be abandoned and moved to temporary structures 2 miles north of Chicamacomico in 1908 (USLSS Annual Reports). Discontinued in 1916 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.