North Beach Station Site
Also known as North Beach
The North Beach Station Site site was established in 1884
Station closed in 1952 and turned over to GSA in 1970. 1884 Station house was abandoned and destroyed by fire in 1965. Station site now part of Assateague Island National Seashore. Popes Island boathouse moved to the site of the North Beach Station and used as an interpretive center for Assateague Island National Seashore.
Station Site Notes:
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.