South Chicago Station Site (Calumet Harbor since 1962)
Also known as South Chicago (1889-1962); Calumet Harbor (1962-present)
The South Chicago Station Site (Calumet Harbor since 1962) site was established in 1933 or 1934 (at this site, 1899 at original site)
Station still active. 1933 or 1934 station house survives.
Station Site Notes:
1890 constructed and put into operation; 1908 rebuilding of old station completed and manned (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1934; Turned over to GSA in 1956 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The 1933 or 1934 station house is surviving at this site