South Chicago Station Site
Also known as South Chicago (1889-1962); Calumet Harbor (1962-present)
The South Chicago Station Site site was established in 1889
Station closed in 1933 or 1934 at this site and moved to a new location. 1899 and 1908 station houses do not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1890 constructed and put into operation; 1908 rebuilding of old station completed and manned (USLSS Annual Reports). Station built in 1934; Turned over to GSA in 1956 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.