Wash Woods Station Site
Also known as Deal's Island (1878-1882); Wash Woods (1883-1951)
The Wash Woods Station Site site was established in 1878
Station closed in 1917 at this site and moved to a new location. 1878 station house does not survive.
Station Site Notes:
1878 will soon be in operation (1882/1883?); 1885 additions and repairs; 1918 contract awarded for new dwelling; 1919 dwelling and outbuilding rebuilt (USLSS Annual Reports). Abandoned in 1951 (USCG Historian's Website). Decommissioned in 1954-'55. The building was used as a fishing camp and later as a hunting lodge (Fielding Tyler, Old Coast Guard Museum).
Buildings at this Station Site
There are no surviving station houses at this site.