Kitty Hawk Station Site
Kitty Hawk, NC
Also known as Kitty Hawk Beach (1874-1876 or 1877); Kitty Hawk (1877 or 1878-1941)
The Kitty Hawk Station Site site was established in 1874
Station closed in 19321 and turned over to GSA in 1964. 1874 station house survives and is the Black Pelican Restaurant. 1911 station house survives and is privately owned.
Station Site Notes:
1874 erected (1882/1883?); 1885 additions and repairs; 1910 new station being constructed; 1911 station completed to replace worn-out antiquated building (USLSS Annual Reports). Turned over to GSA in 1964 (USCG Historian's Website).
Buildings at this Station Site
The None at this site. 1874 and 1911 station houses both moved to different sites in Kitty Hawk. is surviving at this site